One of the key drivers of SMART-TANK™ is to increase the level of engagement of both business networks and alumni with your institution. The students are the ultimate winners by expanding their knowledge and understanding of the business plan process and the realization that teamwork, collaboration and strategic thinking is as important (or more important) than a great business idea. Key tenants of the “entrepreneurial spirit” are innovation and risk taking. And while most entrepreneurs are associated with startups, these important traits are sought after by employers large and small.
The key university benefits are:
- Provide your student entrepreneurs with a valuable real world experience
- Provide your student entrepreneurs with access to mentors and industry experts
- Engage your alumni and business networks to participate as judges, mentors or sponsors
- Increase the visibility of your institution’s entrepreneurial programs
- Provide your institution with significant media opportunities announcing the launch, finalists and winners of the competition
Contact us today to learn more about sponsorship opportunities or hosting a SMART-TANK™ competition at your university for the 2016/2017 academic year.